An amazingly delicious dessert, strawberry and limoncello tiramisu will beat the dull weather and give the taste of Italian summer all year around!
For the Cream
- 6 Egg Yolks (very fresh)
- 60 gr Icing Sugar
- 500 gr Mascarpone
- 60 gr Limoncello
For the Liqueur
- 250 ml Strawberry Marinade (see recipe)
- 100 ml Water (warm)
- 12 tbsp Limoncello
For the Cake
- 750 gr Strawberries
- 150 ml Lemon’s Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 400 gr Savoiardi Biscuits (also called boudoir or sponge fingers)
- 100 gr Caster Sugar
1. The evening before prepare the strawberry marinade: wash and cut the strawberries in quarters (keep about 100 gr aside to decorate the tiramisù), put them in a bowl together with the sugar and the lemon juice; stir thoroughly so to coat well all the strawberries, cover with cling film and put in the fridge to rest overnight.
2. In the morning prepare the cream: beat the mascarpone with a wooden spoon until soft, set aside. Whisk all the egg yolks with 60 gr of icing sugar until you obtain a clear and frothy cream (when you lift the whisk, the egg has to form a thick ribbon). Add the limoncello and keep whisking for a few more minutes, then add the mascarpone and beat until smooth and shiny. Cover with cling film and allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, strain the strawberries and set them aside. Take 250 ml of the marinade, and pour it in a pot together with the water and 12 tbsps. of Limoncello. Boil the liqueur for a couple of minutes and then let it cool down.
4. Soak each savoiardi biscuit in the liqueur, and arrange them in a deep rectangular dish. Spread a layer of strawberries over the savoiardi, then cover it all with a layer of cream. Then again a layer of savoiardi, strawberries, and cream. Carry on like this until all the ingredients are finished, terminating with a layer of cream.
5. Decorate the top with the strawberries kept aside, cover with cling film and put it in the fridge. Wait at least 2 hours before serving. Keep the strawberry and limoncello tiramisu refrigerated at all the time and consume within 48 hours
- Prep Time: 30 minutes + overnight rest
- Category: Desserts
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: Italian