This great Italian classic is easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes, making the ideal last-minute dinner, as well as a tasty main course for your family and friends.
- 360cgr of spaghetti, bucatini, or penne
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 gr of black olives (Gaeta or Kalamata)
- 50 gr of capers
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tiny pinch of crushed chilli
- Salt to taste
- To make a delicious puttanesca sauce, start by slowly heating the oil, the crushed garlic and the chilli in a non-stick deep pan. After about 5 minutes, add the anchovy fillets, if using, and cook until they melt.
- Stir in the capers and the olives, and cook at medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomato, raise the heat and bring to boil. Lower the heat as soon as the sauce starts to bubble, and simmer for 10–15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring salted water to boil. Cook the pasta of your choice according to the instruction. When cooked, before draining it, save a ladleful of its cooking water.
- Drain the pasta al dente and tip it in the pot with the sauce. Add the ladleful of the cooking water, and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the water has evaporated. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, puttanesca sauce, spaghetti, tomato sauce, olives, capers, Italian food