Indulge in the rich and creamy goodness of Italian hot chocolate with this easy-to-follow recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and some stirring, you can recreate the taste of Italy in your own kitchen.
- Begin by combining all the dry ingredients and sifting them through a fine sieve.
- Once any lumps have been removed, slowly add a small amount of milk and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Gradually incorporate the rest of the milk while stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
- Next, place a saucepan over medium heat and continue stirring until the milk begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it bubble for a minute while vigorously stirring. Serve the hot chocolate in small teacups.
Consider adding a dash of cinnamon or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra treat. For a delightful crunch, try crumbling some amaretto biscuits over the top.
For optimal flavor, be sure to use high-quality cacao powder and avoid instant powders.
While potato starch is the best thickener due to its light texture and lack of aftertaste, plain flour or cornflour can also be used.
If your hot chocolate is too thick, simply decrease the amount of starch to a quarter of a teaspoon.
- Prep Time: 10minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: hot chocolate, creamy treat, creamy chocolate, gluten-free, italian hot chocolate