Crispy and Delicious Cauliflower Fritters: The Perfect Snack or Appetizer
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of grated parmesan
- 100 grams of cubed or grated smoked cheese
- 150 milliliters of milk
- 2–3 tbsps of white spelt flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Start by preparing the cauliflower. Remove the leaves and cut it into small florets. Rinse it thoroughly under running water.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until it becomes soft. Drain it well.
- Use a fork to mash the cauliflower florets roughly. If you prefer a softer texture, puree it in a food processor.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs, grated cheese, cubed cheese, and milk. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Gradually sift in the flour, stirring the mixture well as you add it. You want to achieve a soft batter consistency but not too runny.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan until it’s hot. Spoon the batter into the pan, creating small pancakes. Fry them for a couple of minutes on each side until they turn into a bright golden color. Set them on a tray lined with kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the cauliflower fritters hot or cold, alongside a green salad seasoned with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon.
You can easily customize this recipe by adding other ingredients such as chopped green onions or herbs to give it a personal twist.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: cauliflower, street food, cucina povera, cheese, savoury pancakes, fritters